Adolf,

Yes, there was a separate driver, that I believe came from Micro
Memories. I installit from a package umem_Sol_Drv_Cust_i386_v01_10.pkg.
I just use pkgadd on it and it just worked. Sorry, I don't know if it's
publicly available or will even work for your device.

I gave details of that device for completeness. I was hoping
it would be representative of any NVRAM. I wasn't
intending to endorse its use, although it does seem fast.
Hardware availability and access to drivers is indeed
an issue.

256M is not a lot of NVRAM - the devive I tested had 1GB.
If you have a lot of synchronous transactions then you could
exceed the 256MB and overflow into the slower main pool.

Neil.