Hi,

i checked with $nthreads=20 which will roughly represent the expected load and
these are the results:

IO Summary: 7989 ops 7914.2 ops/s, (996/979 r/w) 142.7mb/s, 255us cpu/op, 0.2ms
latency

BTW, smpatch is still running and further tests will get done when the system
is rebooted.

The figures published at...
http://blogs.sun.com/timthomas/feed/entries/atom?cat=%2FSun+Fire+X4500
...made me expect to see higher rates with my setup.

I have seen the new filebench at sourceforge, but did not manage to install.
It's a source ditrsibution now and the wiki and readmes are not updated yet. A
simple "make" didn't do the trick though ;)

Thanks again,
Tom