Ok...got a break from the 25xx release...
Trying to catch up so...sorry for the late response...

The 6120 firmware does not support the Cache Sync command at all...

You could try using a smaller blocksize setting on the array to attempt to
reduce the number of read/modify/writes that you will incur...

It also can be important to understand how zfs attempts to make aligned
transactions as well....since a single 128k write that starts on the beginning
of a RAID stripe is guaranteed to do a full-stripe write v/s 2
read/modify/write stripes....

I have considered making an unsupported firmware that turns it into a caching
JBOD...I just have not had any "infinite spare time"....

-Joel