Nigel,

Thanks for the response!  Basically my last method of testing was to
sftp a few 50-100MB files to /tank over a couple of minutes and force a
scrub after.  The very first time this happened, I was using it as a NAS
device dumping data to it for over a week.  I went to a customer's site
to show him how cool zfs was and upon running zpool status, I saw the
data corruption status and telling me to restore from a backup.  Running
zpool status without a scrub shows no errors.

I tried mirrored devices, no raid whatsoever and raidz, all with the
same results.  All the motherboards I've been using only have PCI since
I was hoping I could create a low cost solution as a POC.  I'll test
changing the transfer mode a bit later.  Other people have had better
luck, what other debugging can be done?  I'm willing to even let someone
have remote access to the box if they want.