Dmitry Degrave writes:
 > In pre-ZFS era, we had observable parameters like scan rate and
 > anonymous page-in/-out counters to discover situations when a system
 > experiences a lack of physical memory. With ZFS, it's difficult to use
 > mentioned parameters to figure out situations like that. Has someone
 > any idea what we can use for the same purpose now ?

Those should still work.

What prevents them from being  effective markers  today is
that no   matter how  much memory  you  have,  a write heavy
workload (one that dirties data faster than disk drain) will
consume whatever you have and trigger the markers.

If you don't have the above problem, then anonymous paging
is a good sign of memory shortage.

-r