I'm getting ready to test a thumper (500gig drives/ 16GB) as a backup store for
small (avg 2kb) encrypted text files. I'm considering a zpool of 7 x 5+1 raidz1
vdevs to maximize space and provide some level of redundancy carved into about
10 zfs filesystems. Since the files are encrypted, compression is obviously
out. Is it recommended to tune the zfs blocksize to 2KB for this type of
implementation? Also, has anyone noticed any performance impacts presenting a
config like this to a non-global zone?