> Bill, you have a long-winded way of saying "I don't
> know".  But thanks for elucidating the possibilities.

Hmmm - I didn't mean to be *quite* as noncommittal as that suggests:  I was
trying to say (without intending to offend) "FOR GOD'S SAKE, MAN:  TURN IT BACK
ON!", and explaining why (i.e., that either disabling it made no difference and
thus it might as well be enabled, or that if indeed it made a difference that
indicated that it was very likely dangerous).

- bill