Vincent Fox wrote:
> So does anyone have any insight on BugID 6535160?
>
> We have verified on a similar system, that ZFS shows big latency in filebench
> varmail test.
>
> We formatted the same LUN with UFS and latency went down from 300 ms to 1-2
> ms.

This is such a big difference it makes me think something else is going on.
I suspect one of two possible causes:

A) The disk write cache is enabled and volatile. UFS knows nothing of write
caches
   and requires the write cache to be disabled otherwise corruption can occur.
B) The write cache is non volatile, but ZFS hasn't been configured
   to stop flushing it (set zfs:zfs_nocacheflush = 1).
   Note, ZFS enables the write cache and will flush it as necessary.

> http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/document.do?assetkey=1-1-6535160-1
>
> We run Solaris 10u4 on our production systems, don't see any indication
> of a patch for this.
>
> I'll try downloading recent Nevada build and load it on same system and see
> if the problem has indeed vanished post snv_71.

Yes please try this. I think it will make a difference but the delta
will be small.

Neil.