Hi,

Assume that you have a 2-way mirror of small drives that you want to replace
with another 2-way mirror of larger drives. What is the best way to do this?

If you use the zpool replace command, one at a time on each of the existing old
drives, then you will end up wasting the additional space on the new drives. I
have tried to access this space by creating a new pool and adding the unused
space, but it does not show up as a slice. I also checked the partition table
and the whole disk appears to be used.

How do you get around this? Should I initially have created slices on the
bigger disks and then mirrored the slices (same size as the smaller disks)? Or
is there some way to migrate data from one mirror (or pool) to another?