After posting my reply to the initial note on this thread, and then
reading it again, I have some followup comments:

The following statement should have said " ... this ZVOL in not a
LUN, ....".

> So even though the ZVOL contains all the right data, from the point of
> view of Solaris, this disk is not a LUN, and thus can not be accessed
> as such.

But then could it be?

On HostA, where the ZVOL (iscsi-zvol) is served out as an iSCSI
Target, there is nothing to prevent the iSCSI Initiator on HostA to
discover the iSCSI Target on its own node. Doing so it will create an
iSCSI LUN, which will be seen by Solaris. This is an example of iSCSI
loopback, which works quite well.

This raises a key point that that you should be aware of. ZFS does not
support shared access to the same ZFS filesystem.

If the ZFS storage pool Pool-2, is currently imported on HostB, an
attempt to zpool import the iSCSI LUN on HostA, ZFS will report that
this ZPOOL is being access on another host, which it is, HostB. Do not
try to force a zpool import of this iSCSI LUN, or a Solaris panic will
soon follow. (See key point above).

If the ZFS storage pool Pool-2 is currently exported on HostB, an
attempt to zpool import the iSCSI LUN on HostA will work, except that
now 1/2 of the mirrored zpool will not be accessible, since its a
local device on HostB, and therefore not accessible. Maybe the local
device on HostB should also be an iSCSI Target too.

One more thing. ZFS and iSCSI start and stop at different times during
Solaris boot and shutdown, so I would recommend using legacy mount
points, or manual zpool import / exports when trying configurations at
this level.

Jim Dunham
Storage Platform Software Group
Sun Microsystems, Inc.