On Feb 12, 2008 4:45 AM, Lida Horn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The latest changes to the sata and marvell88sx modules
> have been put  back to Solaris Nevada and should be
> available in the next build (build 84).  Hopefully,
> those of you who use it will find the changes helpful.
I have indeed found it beneficial.  I installed the new drivers on two
machines, both of which were intermittently giving errors about device
resets.  One card did this so often that I believed the card was
faulty and I would have to replace either the card or the motherboard.

Since installing the new drivers I've had no issues whatsoever with
drives on either box.  I ran zpool scrubs continuously on the flaky
box, replaced a disk with another one, and copied data about in an
attempt to replicate the bus errors I had previously seen, to no
avail.  The other box has been similarly stable, as far as I can tell;
I see no messages in the logs and the users haven't complained when I
asked them.

Thank you for the work you've put into improving the state of these
drivers; I meant to email you earlier this week and mention the great
strides they have made, but other things took precedence.  That, to my
mind, is the primary evolution these drivers have made: I don't have
to worry about my HBAs any more.

Thanks!
Will