Nathan Kroenert wrote:
> And something I was told only recently - It makes a difference if you
> created the file *before* you set the recordsize property.

Actually, it has always been true for RAID-0, RAID-5, RAID-6.
If your I/O strides over two sets then you end up doing more I/O,
perhaps twice as much.

> If you created them after, then no worries, but if I understand
> correctly, if the *file* was created with 128K recordsize, then it'll
> keep that forever...

Files have nothing to do with it.  The recordsize is a file system
parameter.  It gets a little more complicated because the recordsize
is actually the maximum recordsize, not the minimum.
 -- richard