I assume you mean IPMP here, which refers to ethernet multipath.

There is also the other meaning of multipath referring to multiple paths to the
storage array typically enabled by stmsboot command.

We run active-passive (failover) IPMP as it keeps things simple for us and I
have run into some weird bugs with active-active IPMP configurations.

If you run IPF software firewall, all rules must be stateless since state-table
tracking across interfaces doesn't work.