On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 02:32:34PM -0600, Lori Alt wrote:
> Install of a zfs root can only be done with the tty-based installer
> or with Jumpstart.  I will make sure that instructions for both
> are made available by the time that SXDE build 90 is
> released.

Will the tty or jumpstart based installed be able to do an Upgrade install
over an older ZFS Root system?

> For an attractive, easy-to-use installer that is designed from
> the outset to install systems with zfs root pools, we'll all
> have to wait for Caiman:

We don't need no stinkin' attractive, easy-to-use installers. ;)

> http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/caiman/

Is the tty version going to stick around?  Or will Caiman have a tty
version?

-brian
--
"Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta
tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of