Andrius wrote:
> Neal Pollack wrote:
>> Andrius wrote:

>>> The same story
>>>
>>> # /usr/sbin/zpool create -f alpha c5t0d0p0
>>> cannot open '/dev/dsk/c5t0d0p0': Device busy
>>>

>> When you insert a USB stick into a running Solaris system, and it is
>> FAT32 formatted,
>> it may be automatically mounted as a filesystem, read/write.
>>
>> The command above fails since it is already mounted and busy.
>> You may wish to use the df command to verify this.
>> If it is mounted, try unmounting it  fist, and then using the command;
>
> That is true, disc is detected automatically. But
>
> # umount /dev/rdsk/c5t0d0p0
> umount: warning: /dev/rdsk/c5t0d0p0 not in mnttab
> umount: /dev/rdsk/c5t0d0p0 not mounted

The umount command works best with a filesystem name.
the "mount" command will show what filesytems are mounted.
For example, if I stick in a USB thumb-drive:

#mount
/media/LEXAR MEDIA on /dev/dsk/c9t0d0p0:1
read/write/nosetuid/nodevices/hidden/nofoldcase/clamptime/noatime/timezone=28800/dev=e01050

on Mon Jun 16 11:01:37 2008

#df -hl
/dev/dsk/c9t0d0p0:1    991M   923M    68M    94%    /media/LEXAR MEDIA

#umount "/media/LEXAR MEDIA"
#

And then it no longer shows up in the df or the mount command.

Neal