Hi Jeff,

What I'm trying to do is import many copies of a pool that is cloned on a
storage array.

ZFS will only import the first disk (there is only one disk in the pool) and
any clones have the same pool name and GUID and are ignored.

Is there any chance Sun will support external cloned disks and add an option
to generate a new GUID on import in the near future?

Veritas 5.0 supports a similar idea and allows disks to be tagged and the
disk group to be imported using the tag with an option to generate new
GUIDs.

Cyril has kindly sent me some code so my immediate problem is probably
resolved but don't you think this would be better handled as part of zpool
import?

Thanks

Peter