=?UTF-8?Q?J=C3=BCrgen_Keil?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > Recently, I needed to move the boot disks containing a ZFS root pool in an
> > Ultra 1/170E running snv_93 to a different system (same hardware) because
> > the original system was broken/unreliable.
> >
> > To my dismay, unlike with UFS, the new machine wouldn't boot:
> >
> > WARNING: pool 'root' could not be loaded as it was
> > last accessed by another system (host:  hostid:
> > 0x808f7fd8).  See: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-EY
> >
> > panic[cpu0]/thread=180e000: BAD TRAP: type=31 rp=180acc0 addr=0 mmu_fsr=0
> > occurred in module "unix" due to a NULL pointer dereference
> > suffering from the absence of SPARC failsafe archives after liveupgrade
> > (recently mentioned on install-discuss), I'd have been completely stuck.
[...]
> I guess that on SPARC you could boot from the installation optical media
> (or from a network server), and zpool import -f the root pool; that should
> put the correct hostid into the root pool's label.

That's what I did with the snv_93 UFS BE I had still around, with the
exception that I used zpool import -f -R /mnt to avoid pathname clashes
between the miniroot and the imported pool.  I think I even exported the
pool afterwards, but I'm no longer certain about this: I seem to remember
problems with exported root pools being no longer bootable.

        Rainer