Mikael Karlsson schrieb:
> Hello!
>
> Anyone with experience with the SIL3124 chipset? Does it work good?
>
> It's in the HCL, but since SIL3114 apperantly is totally crap I'm a bit
> skeptic to silicon image..

I'm running with two SIL3132 PCIe cards in my system with no problems.
The only panic I had was when forcefully tried via "smartmontools" to
get SMART data from the drives.

I am using the si3124 driver from OpenSolaris and recompiled it for
Solaris 10. The original Solaris 10 driver panics when it finds a disk
at one of its SATA ports.

The system is running for almost a year now, first with two 1TB disks in
a mirror configuration, now with four 1TB disks in RAID-Z.

I am running "zpool scrub" at irregular intervals and didn't have a
single checksum error so far.

Daniel