Ian Collins wrote:
> I think you'd be surprised how large an organisation can migrate most,
> if not all of their application servers to zones one or two Thumpers.
>
> Isn't that the reason for buying in "server appliances"?

Assuming that the application servers can coexist in the "only" 16GB available
on a thumper, and the "only" 8GHz of CPU core speed, and the fact that the
System controller is a massive single point of failure for both the
applications and the storage.

You may have a difference of opinion as to what a large organization is, but
the reality is that the thumper series is good for some things in a large
enterprise, and not good for some things.

--Joe