Hi Matt
Can you just confirm if that Ethernet capture file, that you made available,
was done on the client, or on the server. I'm beginning to suspect you
did it on the client.

You can get a capture file on the server (OpenSolaris) using the 'snoop'
command, as per one of my previous emails.  You can still view the
capture file with WireShark as it supports the 'snoop' file format.

Normally it would not be too important where the capture was obtained,
but here, where something strange is happening, it could be critical to
understanding what is going wrong and where.

It would be interesting to do two separate captures - one on the client
and the one on the server, at the same time, as this would show if the
switch was causing disruption.  Try to have the clocks on the client &
server synchronised as close as possible.
Thanks
Nigel Smith