Hi,

Brent Jones wrote:

> Using mbuffer can speed it up dramatically, but this seems like a hack
> without addressing a real problem with zfs send/recv.
> Trying to send any meaningful sized snapshots from say an X4540 takes
> up to 24 hours, for as little as 300GB changerate.

I have not found a solution yet also. But it seems to depend highly on
the distribution of file sizes, number of files per directory or
whatever. The last tests I made showed still more than 50 hours for 700
GB and ~45 hours for 5 TB (both tests were null tests where zfs send
wrote to /dev/null).

Cheers from a still puzzled Carsten