not quite .. it's 16KB at the front and 8MB back of the disk (16384
sectors) for the Solaris EFI - so you need to zero out both of these

of course since these drives are <1TB you i find it's easier to format
to SMI (vtoc) .. with format -e (choose SMI, label, save, validate -
then choose EFI)

but to Casper's point - you might want to make sure that fdisk is
using the whole disk .. you should probably reinitialize the fdisk
sectors either with the fdisk command or run fdisk from format (delete
the partition, create a new partition using 100% of the disk, blah,
blah) ..

finally - glancing at the format output - there appears to be a mix of
labels on these disks as you've got a mix c#d# entries and c#t#d#
entries so i might suspect fdisk might not be consistent across the
various disks here .. also noticed that you dumped the vtoc for c3d0
and c4d0, but you're replacing c2d1 (of unknown size/layout) with c1d1
(never dumped in your emails) .. so while this has been an animated
(slightly trollish) discussion on right-sizing (odd - I've typically
only seen that term as an ONTAPism) with some short-stroking digs ..
it's a little unclear what the c1d1s0 slice looks like here or what
the cylinder count is - i agree it should be the same - but it would
be nice to see from my armchair here