On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 6:55 AM, Robert Milkowski <mi...@task.gda.pl> wrote:
> It definitely does. I made some tests today comparing b101 with b105 while
> doing 'zfs send -R -I A B >/dev/null' with several dozen snapshots between A
> and B. Well, b105 is almost 5x faster in my case - that's pretty good.
>
> --
> Robert Milkowski
> http://milek.blogspot.com
> --

Sad to report that I am seeing the slow zfs recv issue cropping up
again while running b105  :(

Not sure what has triggered the change, but I am seeing the same
behavior again: massive amounts of reads on the receiving side, while
only receiving just tiny bursts of data amounting to a mere megabyte a
second.

It doesn't seem to happen every single time though which is odd, but I
can provoke it by destroying a snapshot from the pool I am sending,
then taking another snapshot and re-sending it. It seems to cause the
receiving side to go into this "read storm" before any data is
transferred.

I'm going to open a case in the morning, and see if I can't get an
engineer to look at this.

--
Brent Jones
br...@servuhome.net