Hello,

I formated unallocated partition using Gparted and now my table looks:

sh-3.2# format -e
Searching for disks...done

AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS:
      0. c9d0 <DEFAULT cyl 7830 alt 2 hd 255 sec 63>
         /p...@0,0/pci-...@1f,2/i...@0/c...@0,0
Specify disk (enter its number): 0
selecting c9d0
NO Alt slice
No defect list found
            Total disk size is 19457 cylinders
            Cylinder size is 16065 (512 byte) blocks

                                              Cylinders
     Partition   Status    Type          Start   End   Length    %
     =========   ======    ============  =====   ===   ======   ===
         1                 IFS: NTFS         0  5098    5099     26
         2       Active    Solaris2       5099  12931    7833     40
         3                 Linux native   12932  19456    6525     34

Can you give me an advice how to choose "3 Linux native partition"?
If I know where is this partition, then I can run: zpool create trunk c9d0XYZ
right?
Thanks for the answer.

Regards,

Jan Hlodan

Jan Hlodan wrote:
Hello,
thanks for the answer.
The partition table shows that Wind and OS run on:
1. c9d0 <DEFAULT cyl 7830 alt 2 hd 255 sec 63>
         /p...@0,0/pci-...@1f,2/i...@0/c...@0,0

 Partition   Status    Type          Start   End   Length    %
     =========   ======    ============  =====   ===   ======   ===
         1                 IFS: NTFS         0  5098    5099     26
         2       Active    Solaris2       5099  12931    7833     40

The disk 0. c7t0d0 doesn't contain any disk type:

AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS:
      0. c7t0d0 <drive type unknown>
         /p...@0,0/pci104d,8...@1d,7/stor...@4/d...@0,0
      1. c9d0 <DEFAULT cyl 7830 alt 2 hd 255 sec 63>
         /p...@0,0/pci-...@1f,2/i...@0/c...@0,0
Specify disk (enter its number): 0

Error occurred with device in usechecking: Bad file number
Error: can't open disk '/dev/rdsk/c7t0d0p0'.

AVAILABLE DRIVE TYPES:
       0. Auto configure
       1. other
Specify disk type (enter its number): 0
Auto configuration via format.dat[no]? y
Auto configure failed
No Solaris fdisk partition found.

If create some file system using the Gparted, my partition table will look like this:

                                              Cylinders
     Partition   Status    Type          Start   End   Length    %
         1                 IFS: NTFS         0  5098    5099     26
         2       Active    Solaris2       5099  12931    7833     40
3 Solaris xyz xyz 34

but I still don't know how to import this partition (num. 3)
If I run:
zpool create  c9d0
I'll lost all my data, right?

Regards,