Mario Goebbels wrote:
> One thing I'd like to see is an _easy_ option to fall back onto older
> uberblocks when the zpool went belly up for a silly reason. Something
> that doesn't involve esoteric parameters supplied to zdb.

Between uberblock updates, there may be many write operations to a data file,
each requiring a copy on write operation.  Some of those operations may reuse
blocks that were metadata blocks pointed to by the previous uberblock.

In which case the old uberblock points to a metadata tree full of garbage.

Jeff, you must have some idea on how to overcome this in your bugfix, would you
care to share?

--Joe