I did a zpool scrub recently, and while it was running it reported errors and
woed
about restoring from backup. When the scrub is complete, it reports finishing
with
0 errors though. On the next scrub some other errors are reported in different
files.
"iostat -xne" does report a few errors (1 s/w on each of 2 mirrored drives, and
2 h/w
errors on one of the drives).

Any ideas? Is it a cosmetic problem or a crawling-hiding bug in my hardware and
I should go about replacing something somewhere? I don't see such behavior on
any other servers around...

Thanks for ideas,
//Jim

"zpool status -v" while scrub is running:

  pool: rpool
 state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data
        corruption.  Applications may be affected.
action: Restore the file in question if possible.  Otherwise restore the
        entire pool from backup.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-8A
 scrub: scrub in progress for 0h1m, 29.45% done, 0h2m to go
config:

        NAME          STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        rpool         ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror      ONLINE       0     0     0
            c3t2d0s0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c3t3d0s0  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:

        //dev/dsk/c3t2d0s0
        //dev/dsk/c3t3d0s0

That has previously complained about "//dev/dsk" having problems, although both
the directory and device files are accessible well.

"zpool status -v" when scrub has finished:

  pool: rpool
 state: ONLINE
 scrub: scrub completed after 0h4m with 0 errors on Wed Jul 29 18:23:43 2009
config:

        NAME          STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        rpool         ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror      ONLINE       0     0     0
            c3t2d0s0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            c3t3d0s0  ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors