On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 23:55:19 -0700 (PDT)
Ross <no-re...@opensolaris.org> wrote:

> Yes, I did miss that one, but could you remind me what exactly are the
> sd and ssd drivers?  I can find lots of details about configuring them,
> but no basic documentation telling me what they are.

you could have tried "man sd" and "man ssd"

Devices                                                    sd(7D)
NAME
     sd - SCSI disk and ATAPI/SCSI CD-ROM device driver
SYNOPSIS
     s...@target,lun:partition

Devices                                                   ssd(7D)
NAME
     ssd - Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop disk device driver
SYNOPSIS
     s...@port,target:partition

You won't see an ssd instance on x86, only on sparc.

James C. McPherson
--
Senior Kernel Software Engineer, Solaris
Sun Microsystems