On Thu, 10 Sep 2009, Alex Li wrote:

> We finally resolved this issue by change LSI driver. For details, please
> refer to here
> http://enginesmith.wordpress.com/2009/08/28/ssd-faults-finally-resolved/

I believe you hijacked my thread ;).

x4500's have Marvell SATA controllers, not LSI. My issue with Intel SSD's
being marked faulty in X4500's has yet to be resolved. The last time I
rebooted it fm started marking the SSD failed again due to invalid
self-check log data. I had some correspondence with Eric Schrock who
indicated it looked like a combination of buggy Intel firmware and a bug in
the Solaris SATL driver, but haven't heard back from him as to whether they
might fix it.

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  hen...@csupomona.edu