Jozef Hamar wrote:
Hi all,

I can not find any instructions on how to set the file quota (i.e. maximum number of files per filesystem/directory) or directory quota (maximum size that files in particular directory can consume) in ZFS.

That is because it doesn't exist.

I understand ZFS has no support for this. Am I right? If I am, are there any plans to include this in the next releases of OpenSolaris/Solaris?

Why would you want to do that rather than set a maximum amount of space
a filesystem, user or group can consume?

What is the real problem you are trying to solve by restricting
the number of files that can be created ?

--
Darren J Moffat