Trevor Pretty wrote:
Karl

Don't you just use stmsboot?

http://docs.sun.com/source/820-3223-14/SASMultipath.html#50511899_pgfId-1046940

Bruno

Next week I'm playing with a M3000 and a J4200 in the local NZ distributor's lab. I had planned to just use the latest version of S10, but if I get the time I might play with OpenSolaris as well, but I don't think there is anything radically different between the two here.

 >From what I've read in preparation (and I stand to be corrected):

* Will i be able to achieve multipath support, if i connect the J4400 to 2 LSI HBA in one server, with SATA disks, or this is only possible with SAS disks? This server will have OpenSolaris (any release i think) .
> Disk type does not matter (see link above).

yes - run    /usr/sbin/stmsboot -e

that's all you need to do. MPxIO will enumerate as many disks as
it is able to.

James C. McPherson
--
Senior Kernel Software Engineer, Solaris
Sun Microsystems