Bruno Sousa wrote:
Hi all,

During this problem i did a power-off/power-on in the server and the bus reset/scsi timeout issue persisted. After that i decided to poweroff/power on the jbod array, and after that everything became normal.
No scsi timeouts, normal performance, everything is okay now.
With this is it safe to assume that the problem may becaused by the SAS expander (one single LSI SASX36 Expander Chip) used by the supermicro jbod chassis, and not by the hba/mpt driver?

Hi Bruno,
that is indeed what I, personally, suspect is the case. Tracking
that down and conclusively proving so is, however, another thing
entirely.

Could you send the output from prtconf -v for your host please,
so that we can have a look at the vital information for the
enclosure services and SMP nodes that the SAS Expander presents/

thankyou,
James C. McPherson
--
Senior Kernel Software Engineer, Solaris
Sun Microsystems