On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 11:43 PM, Nick <nick.couch...@seakr.com> wrote:
> No, it is not, for a couple of reasons.  First of all, rumor is that SMC is
> being discontinued in favor
> of a WBEM/CIM- based management system.

Any specific implementation meant? Are there any plans wrt OpenPegasus?

Regards,
Andrey

Second, the SMC code is not open-source, which means it cannot be
included in OpenSolaris.  It is included in Solaris Express Community
Edition (SXCE), and there are several posts and instructions available
for installing the packages from SXCE to Opensolaris.  Even so, some
issues do tend to pop up getting it working - for example, logging in
is still got me stumped, because I can't log in as root due to
Opensolaris' RBAC configuration, but I also can't log in as the
unprivileged user I've created.