Mike wrote:
Just thought I would let you all know that I followed what Alex suggested
along with what many of you pointed out and it worked! Here are the steps
I followed:

1. Break root drive mirror
2. zpool export filesystem
3. run the command to start MPIOX and reboot the machine
4. zpool import filesystem
5. Check the system
6. Recreate the mirror.

Thank you all for the help!  I feel much better and it worked without a
single problem!  I'm very impressed with MPXIO and wish I had known about
it before spending thousands of dollars on PowerPath.

As somebody who's done a bunch of work on stmsboot[a], and
who has at least a passing knowledge of devids[b] (which are what
ZFS and MPxIO use to identify devices), I am disappointed that
you believe it was necessary to follow the above steps.

Assuming that your devices do not have devids which change, then
all that should have been required was

[setup your root mirror]

# /usr/sbin/stmsboot -e

[reboot when prompted]
[twiddle thumbs]
[ login ]

No ZFS export and import required.
No breaking and recreating of mirror required.

[a] http://blogs.sun.com/jmcp/entry/on_stmsboot_1m
[b] http://www.jmcp.homeunix.com/~jmcp/WhatIsAGuid.pdf

James C. McPherson
--
Senior Kernel Software Engineer, Solaris
Sun Microsystems