On Fri, February 19, 2010 00:32, Terry Hull wrote:
> I have a machine with the Supermicro 8 port SATA card installed.  I have
> had no problem creating a mirrored boot disk using the oft-repeated
> scheme:
>
> prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c4t0d0s2 | fmthard -s – /dev/rdsk/c4t1d0s2
> zpool attach rpool c4t0d0s0 c4t1d0s0
> wait for sync
> installgrub -m /boot/grub/stage1 /boot/grub/stage2 /dev/rdsk/c4t1d0s0
>
> Unfortunately when I shut the machine down and remove the primary boot
> disk, it will no longer boot.  I get the boot loader, and if I turn off
> the splash screen I see it get to the point of displaying the host name.
> At that point, it hangs forever.   From the posts I've seen it looks like
> this is a very standard scheme that just works.  What can be missing with
> my procedure.
>
> I am running Build 132, if that matters.

Disk boot order in your bios?

I know that I succeeded in booting off the third (of four) disks in a
mirror group Wednesday evening, but only after altering the disk boot
order in the bios.   Using that exact controller card, come to think of
it.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, d...@dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info