One more thing I¹d like to add here:

The PERC cache measurably and significantly accelerates small disk writes.
However, for read operations, it is insignificant compared to system ram,
both in terms of size and speed.  There is no significant performance
improvement by enabling adaptive readahead in the PERC.  I will recommend
instead, the PERC should be enabled for Write Back, and have the readahead
disabled.  Fortunately this is the default configuration on a new perc
volume, so unless you changed it, you should be fine.

It may be smart to double check, and ensure your OS does adaptive readahead.

In Linux (rhel/centos) you can check that the ³readahead² service is
by default in runlevel 3.  Interesting.

I don¹t know how to check solaris or opensolaris, to ensure adaptive
readahead is enabled.

http://nedharvey.com/iozone_weezer/bobs%20method/iozone%20results%20summary.pd>

http://nedharvey.com/iozone_weezer/neds%20method/iozone%20results%20summary.pd>