On 22/02/10 09:40 PM, Peter Tribble wrote:
On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 9:22 AM, Eugen Leitl<eu...@leitl.org>  wrote:

Oracle's silence is starting to become a bit ominous. What are
the future options for zfs, should OpenSolaris be left dead
in the water by Suracle? I have no insight into who core
zfs developers are (have any been fired by Sun even prior to
the merger?), and who's paying them. Assuming a worst case
scenario, what would be the best candidate for a fork? Nexenta?
Debian already included FreeBSD as a kernel flavor into its
fold, it seems Nexenta could be also a good candidate.

Maybe anyone in the know could provide a short blurb on what
the state is, and what the options are.

Of course they can't. If they're in the know, then they're almost certainly
not in a position to talk about it in public. Asking here does not help,
as I doubt if anyone from Sun/Oracle would be wise to give any response.

One more thing -- please remember that it's not "Sunacle",
"Suracle" or "Soracle", but "Oracle Corporation".

Also (as Peter has mentioned) nobody who is likely to post
to this mailing list would be authorised to comment or utter
anything authoritative. You will just have to wait for the
official word to be announced - as will we all.

James C. McPherson
--
Senior Kernel Software Engineer, Solaris
Sun Microsystems