ZFS does not use segmap.

The ZFS ARC (Adaptive Replacement Cache) will consume what's
available, memory-wise, based on the workload. There's an upper
limit if zfs_arc_max has not been set, but I forget what it is.

If other memory consumers (applications, other kernel subsystems)
need memory, ZFS will release memory being used by the ARC.
But, if no one else wants it....

/jim