I was expecting
zfs send tank/export/projects/project1...@today
would send everything up to @today.  That is the only snapshot and I am not
using the -i options.
The things worries me is that tank/export/projects/project1_nb was the first
file system that I tested with full dedup and compression.  and the first
~300GB usage (before I merged the other file systems) showing ~2.5x dedup
ratio.  so the data should be easily more than 600 GB.  My initial worry was
the migration pool won't even have enough space to receive the file system when
I started but the turn out to be very unexpected result.  My question is where
is the dedupped data went if the new pool is showing 1.0x dedup ratio and the
old pool is show a 2.53 ratio yet both take up about the same size ~400GB.

Is the -R option required for what I am trying to do?  what I am try to do is
to un-dedup the file system.
I actually preferred if non of the properties was replicated.  This is quite
confusing and I won't be a surprise if other people are taking an incomplete
backup with zfs send if that's the case.

I will redo the send again with -R and see what happens.