On 12/05/10 03:18 PM, Geoff Nordli wrote:
I have been wondering what the compatibility is like on OpenSolaris.  My
perception is basic network driver support is decent, but storage
controllers are more difficult for driver support.

Now wait just a minute. You're casting aspersions on
stuff here without saying what you're talking about,
still less where you're getting your info from.

Be specific - put up, or shut up.

My perception is if you are using external cards which you know work for
networking and storage, then you should be alright.
Am I out in left-field on this?

I believe you are talking through your hat.

James C. McPherson
--
Senior Software Engineer, Solaris
Oracle