hello, all

I am have constraint disk space (only 8GB) while running os inside vm. Now i
want to add more. It is easy to add for vm but how can i update fs in os?

I cannot use autoexpand because it doesn't implemented in my system:
$ uname -a
SunOS sopen 5.11 snv_111b i86pc i386 i86pc
If it was 171 it would be grate, right?

Doing following:

o added new virtual HDD (it becomes /dev/rdsk/c7d1s0)
o run format, write label

# zpool status
  pool: rpool
 state: ONLINE
 scrub: scrub completed after 0h10m with 0 errors on Fri May 28 16:47:05
2010
config:

    NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
    rpool       ONLINE       0     0     0
      c7d0s0    ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

# zpool add rpool c7d1
cannot label 'c7d1': EFI labeled devices are not supported on root pools.

# prtvtoc /dev/rdsk/c7d0s0 | fmthard -s - /dev/rdsk/c7d1s0
fmthard:  New volume table of contents now in place.

# zpool add rpool c7d1s0
invalid vdev specification
use '-f' to override the following errors:
/dev/dsk/c7d1s0 overlaps with /dev/dsk/c7d1s2

# zpool add -f rpool c7d1s0
cannot add to 'rpool': root pool can not have multiple vdevs or separate
logs

o omg, i tried all the magic command that i found at internet and in tfm.
now writing to maillist :-). Help!

--
Dmitry