Hi,

currently I'm trying to debug a very strange phenomenon on a nearly full
pool (96%). Here are the symptoms: over NFS, a find on the pool takes
a very long time, up to 30s (!) for each file. Locally, the performance
is quite normal.
What I found out so far: It seems that every nfs write (rfs3_write) blocks
until the txg is flushed. This means a write takes up to 30 seconds. During
this time, the nfs calls block, occupying all NFS server threads. With all
server threads blocked, all other OPs (LOOKUP, GETATTR, ...) have to wait
until the writes finish, bringing the performance of the server effectively
down to zero.
It may be that the trigger for this behavior is around 95%. I managed to bring
the pool down to 95%, now the writes get served continuously as it should be.

What is the explanation for this behaviour? Is it intentional and can the
threshold be tuned? I experienced this on Sol10 U8.

Thanks,
Arne