For posterity, I'd like to point out the following:

neel's original arcstat.pl uses a crude scaling routine that results in a large
loss of precision as numbers cross from Kilobytes to Megabytes to Gigabytes.
The 1G reported arc size case described here, could actually be anywhere
between 1,000,000MB and 1,999,999MB.  Use 'kstat zfs::arcstats' to read the arc
size directly from the kstats (for comparison).

I've updated arcstat.pl with a better scaling routine that returns more
appropriate results (similar to df -h human-readable output).  I've also added
support for L2ARC stats.  The updated version can be found here:

http://github.com/mharsch/arcstat