On Oct 8, 2010, at 2:06 AM, Wolfraider wrote:

> We have a weird issue with our ZFS pool and COMSTAR. The pool shows online
> with no errors, everything looks good but when we try to access zvols shared
> out with COMSTAR, windows reports that the devices have bad blocks.
> Everything has been working great until last night and no changes have been
> done to this system in weeks. We are really hoping we can get our data back
> from this system. The 3 volumes that start with CV are shared with a server
> called CV, likewise with DPM.
> The drives are connected to the opensolaris box with Fibrechannel and we are
> also using Fibrechannel in target mode for the host side.

Can you share a sample of the windows report that indicates bad blocks, along
with a review of the Windows configuration information that associates at least
one instance of reported bad blocks, back to the LU that is configured under
COMSTAR? While reviewing the Windows configuration data, look for other
indications of errant status.

Also the results of the following commands:

        stmfadm list-lu -v              (for relevant LUs)
        zfs list                                (for relevant ZVOLS)

Have you reviewed the system log files on both Windows and Solaris for errant
status.

You may also want to take a look at the internal COMSTAR tracing buffer, right
after an attempt to access this LUs from Windows, and then review the buffer
log for any errors reported.

From a root-user, issue:

        echo "*stmf_trace_buf/s" | mdb -k

- Jim