On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Harry Putnam <rea...@newsguy.com> wrote:
> I'm guessing it was probably more like 60 to 62 c under load.  The
> temperature I posted was after something like 5minutes of being
> totally shutdown and the case been open for a long while. (mnths if
> not yrs)

What happens if the case is closed (and all PCI slot, disk, etc. slots
are closed)?  Having the case open likely changes the way that air
flows across the various components.  Also, if there is tobacco smoke
near the machine, it will cause a sticky build-up that likely
contributes to heat dissipation problems.

Perhaps this belongs somewhere other than zfs-discuss - it has nothing
to do with zfs.

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/