> metaslab_min_alloc_size is not the metaslab size. From the source
Sorry-  that was simply a slip of the mind- it was a long day.

> By reducing this value, it is easier for the allocator to identify a
> metaslab for allocation as the file system becomes full.
Thank you for clarifying. Is there a danger to reducing this value to
4k? Also 4k and 10M are pretty far apart- is there an intermediate
value we should be using that would be a better compromise?

> For slow disks with the default zfs_vdev_max_pending, the IO scheduler
> becomes ineffective. Consider reducing zfs_vdev_max_pending to see if
> performance
> improves.
> Based on recent testing I've done on a variety of disks, a value of 1 or 2
> can be better for 7,200 rpm disks or slower. The tradeoff is a few IOPS for
> much better
> average latency.
I was having this scrub performance problem when my pool was nothing
but 15k SAS drives so I'm not sure if it will help but I'll certainly
give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

-Don