On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 2:39 PM, Orvar Korvar
<knatte_fnatte_tja...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am using S11E, and have created a zpool on a single disk as storage. In
> several directories, I can see a directory called  ".$EXTEND/$QUOTA". What is
> it for? Can I delete it?
> --

Perhaps this is of help.

http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/uts/common/fs/smbsrv/smb_pathname.c#752

    752 /*
    753  * smb_pathname_preprocess_quota
    754  *
    755  * There is a special file required by windows so that the quota
    756  * tab will be displayed by windows clients. This is created in
    757  * a special directory, $EXTEND, at the root of the shared file
    758  * system. To hide this directory prepend a '.' (dot).
    759  */

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/