On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Francois Dion <francois.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've hit an interesting (not) problem. I need to remove a problematic
> ld.config file (due to an improper crle...) to boot my laptop. This is
> OI 151a, but fundamentally this is zfs, so i'm asking here.
>
> what I did after booting the live cd and su:
> mkdir /tmp/disk
> zpool import -R /tmp/disk -f rpool
>
> export shows up in there and rpool also, but in rpool there is only
> boot and etc.
>
> zfs list shows rpool/ROOT/openindiana as mounted on /tmp/disk and I
> see dump and swap, but no var. rpool/ROOT shows as legacy, so I
> figured, maybe mount that.
>
> mount -F zfs rpool/ROOT /mnt/rpool

That dataset (rpool/ROOT) should never have any files in it.  It is
just a "container" for boot environments.  You can see which boot
environments exist with:

zfs list -r rpool/ROOT

If you are running Solaris 11, the boot environment's root dataset
will show a mountpoint property value of /.  Assuming it is called
"solaris" you can mount it with:

zfs mount -o mountpoint=/mnt/rpool rpool/ROOT/solaris

If the system is running Solaris 11 (and was not updated from Solaris
11 Express), it will have a separate /var dataset.

zfs mount -o mountpoint=/mnt/rpool/var rpool/ROOT/solaris/var

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/