Hi Ragge,

On  1/02/12 11:25 AM, Ragnar Sundblad wrote:

Just to follow up on this, in case there are others interested:
To get multipathing, you need to configure the scsi_vhci driver, in
/kernel/drv/scsi_vhci.conf for sol10 or /etc/driver/drv/scsi_vhci.conf for
sol11-x86. To get better performance, you probably want to use
load-balance="logical-block" instead of load-balance="round-robin".
See examples below.

You may also need to run "stmsboot -e" to enable multipathing. I still haven't
figured out what that does (more than updating /etc/vfstab and /etc/dumpdates
which you typically don't use with ifs), maybe nothing.

The supported way to enable MPxIO is to run

# /usr/sbin/stmsboot -e

You shouldn't need to do this for mpt_sas HBAs such as
your 9205 controllers; we enable MPxIO by default on them.

If you _do_ edit scsi_vhci.conf, you need to utter

# /usr/sbin/stmsboot -u

in order for those changes to be correctly propagated.

You can (and should) read about this in the stmsboot(1m) manpage,
and there's more information available in my blog post

http://blogs.oracle.com/jmcp/entry/on_stmsboot_1m

James C. McPherson
--
Oracle