Michael Armstrong writes:

> Is there a way to quickly ascertain if my seagate/hitachi drives are as
> large as the 2.0tb samsungs? I'd like to avoid the situation of replacing
> all drives and then not being able to grow the pool...

Hitachi prints the block count of the drives on the physical product label.
If you compare that number to the one given in the Solaris label as
printed by the prtvtoc command, you should be able to answer your
question.

Don't know about the Seagate drives, but they should at least have a block
count somewhere in their documentation.

HTH -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: v...@bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"