On Thu, 19 Jul 2012, Gordon Ross wrote:

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 5:38 AM, sol <a...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Other than Oracle do you think any other companies would be willing to take
over support for a clustered 7410 appliance with 6 JBODs?

(Some non-Oracle names which popped out of google:
Joyent/Coraid/Nexenta/Greenbytes/NAS/RackTop/EraStor/Illumos/???)

I'm not sure, but I think there are people running NexentaStor on that h/w.
If not, then on something pretty close.  NS supports clustering, etc.

You would lose the fancy user interface and monitoring stuff that the Fishworks team developed for the product. It would no longer be an "appliance".

No doubt, Nexenta has developed new cool stuff for NexentaStor.

As others have said, only Oracle is capable of supporting the system as the original product. It could be re-installed to become something else.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn